List of survey questions or questionnaire items that could be used to measure negative word-of-mouth:
- How likely are you to say bad things about the brand to other people?
- How likely are you to say negative things about the brand to other people?
- How likely are you to say unfavorable things about the brand to other people?
(1 = not at all likely, 7 = very likely)
Reference: Sinha, J., & Lu, F. C. (2016). “I” value justice, but “we” value relationships: Self-construal effects on post-transgression consumer forgiveness. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 26(2), 265-274.
- I spread negative word of mouth about the firm.
- I bad-mouthed against this firm to my friends.
- When my friends were looking for a similar product or service, I told them not to buy from this firm.
(1 = strongly disagree, 7 = strongly agree)
Reference: Grégoire, Y., Tripp, T. M., & Legoux, R. (2009). When customer love turns into lasting hate: The effects of relationship strength and time on customer revenge and avoidance. Journal of Marketing, 73(6), 18-32.